An occasionally updated chronicle of estate sales in the city and suburbs of Chicago.

"It's such a guilty pleasure..." Lynne Stiefel, Pioneer Press

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Estate Sale Stories #FAIL

If we're privileged enough to have you as a regular reader, you've probably been wondering just where the hell we've been the past week.

Here's what happened: On Monday I was called out of town for work, which always makes me crabby, because there's really no such thing as a convenient way to travel. On Tuesday I got sick, but flew out of O'Hare at 6:00 AM just the same, because I'm a trooper that way. On Wednesday, still crabby and sick, my flight(s) were canceled, delayed, delayed again and then canceled, leaving me to spend an unplanned night at the Armonk, NY La Quinta Inn. On Thursday, now sicker and crabbier than ever, I finally made it back to Chicago. From O'Hare I went to directly to the office, and from there, directly to my sofa, where I spent the next 12 hours in a sweet, sweet NyQuil haze.

Friday-Sunday, rinse and repeat.

Apologies for leaving the store untended. I'm still recovering, but plan on returning Wednesday with a new post. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails