An occasionally updated chronicle of estate sales in the city and suburbs of Chicago.

"It's such a guilty pleasure..." Lynne Stiefel, Pioneer Press


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Norridge Coke Den, Part 3

We've got one more post from this Norridge bungalow. But this won't be another Coke-fueled romp. Because we're going down to the basement, which is another thing entirely.

And you step!

This cheery trio gave me hope that I was about to walk down into a classic Hollywood wonderland. But alas, 'twas not to be.

First up, not one but two pinball machines. Could this be the most awesomest man-cave ever?

Yup.

Finding this nearly made me weep with frustration and nostalgia.

I could picture myself enjoying long conversations in here. Or transforming into a super-hero.

Oh, Julio, you savvy shopper, you.

A full-size, full-blooded wooden Indian.

Huffer's delight!

I'm not sure if this belonged to a dentist, a barber or Sweeney Todd.

Buy. Don't buy.

3 comments :

  1. Oh, my these things look pretty sweet. I want to go to an estate sale so sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posting are wonderful and informative.
    the interlace

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend loves going to estate sales because she sells old furniture. I've gone with her a couple of times and I have to admit, there are a lot of strange things out there! It's funny the things people collect over the years. I've never seen a phone booth or a dental/barber chair though!
    Claudia Rosenburg | http://www.esquireestatesales.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails