An occasionally updated chronicle of estate sales in the city and suburbs of Chicago.

"It's such a guilty pleasure..." Lynne Stiefel, Pioneer Press

Friday, February 26, 2010

An Assortment in Addison

To quote the friend who accompanied me on this day, "Addison is a place that suffers from poor zoning." It's true. Strip malls abut playgrounds, factories sit across the street from private homes. There's a little bit of everything here, and it's all smooshed together.

Kind of like this place.

Every time I see this photo all I can think of is those chickens pecking at the crumbs that fell from the table of The Last Supper.

Possibly the most awkward-looking bathroom I've ever seen. That's a stackable washer/dryer in the back with its ass hanging out.

I don't know who lived here, but I bet she was a master of disguise.

No, I didn't buy it. Yes, I am a fool.

With all those signs to read as you're going down the stairs, it's a wonder there's not a pile of bodies at the bottom of them.

This velvet painting celebrates the athleticism and majesty of one of Spain's greatest sport: killing animals for show.

Nothing brightens up a dreary basement bedroom like leopard print.

The more, the better.

Found on the refrigerator.

I wonder whose mattress this was found under? Also, I don't like to boast, but I got this $6 value for just a quarter. (And for the record, it is filthy.)

I think I read this one when it was published under its original title, I Kissed a Whore.

Purchased: Two Novels of Lust, $.25.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails