An occasionally updated chronicle of estate sales in the city and suburbs of Chicago.

"It's such a guilty pleasure..." Lynne Stiefel, Pioneer Press

Friday, February 19, 2010

Maywood Warehouse

They called this an estate sale, but I think that's because they knew estate sales have become popular and they were hoping to lure in unsuspecting shoppers, like me.

For this reason, I almost didn't go in.

But it was way down on the South Side, and I'd already driven there, so I figured, why not? It was a once-in-a-lifetime chance, right? Who knew what I might find?

It was one of the more unusual places I've ever been in.

There were antiques and old furniture everywhere.

Only not all of them were for sale.

The sale itself was way back in the back, in this series of rooms filled with all kinds of stuff.

They had your wooden chair needs covered.

There was some really nice old stuff.

And some not-so-nice, not-so-old stuff.

Also, many naked-lady pictures, all of them painted by the same artist.

The first time I saw one of these I thought I'd lucked onto something really rare and valuable. Turns out you can find them just about everywhere.

This qualified as my "bizarro find" of the day. I'm not sure what it is. All I know is that if I hadn't ventured in here, you and I never would have seen it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails