An occasionally updated chronicle of estate sales in the city and suburbs of Chicago.

"It's such a guilty pleasure..." Lynne Stiefel, Pioneer Press

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So Skokie

Aside from Chicago, I've made more posts from Skokie than any place else. So when I kid -- and I know I do -- it comes from a place of love. If they made an "I Heart Skokie" bumper sticker, I would tape it inside the back window of my car, but not actually stick it to the bumper.

One day mom just said "To hell with it," and went shopping.

And if this is the bathroom where she had to perform her uglies and make herself beautiful, I don't blame her.

I have no idea what a thermophore is, and I'm not going to bother looking it up. But this is the size of a petite one. (Toe of shoe shown for scale.)

This bedroom carpet looks like someone skinned a wild cat and nailed it to the floor.

According to the tag this nightgown is 80% acetate, 20% nylon and 100% flammable.

There's a mouth-watering title. I love the last one in the list. Needing a recipe for that is like needing a recipe for Scotch on the rocks.

I don't know if someone purposefully paired those two books on the bottom or if fate just brought them together.

Like the word "designer," people throw around the word "quality" way too much. If you didn't know better, you'd think designer meant ugly, and quality meant cheap.

2 comments :

  1. I'm not sure if that decor is late mid-20th century, or early late-20th century.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say it's a clever mix of the two.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails