An occasionally updated chronicle of estate sales in the city and suburbs of Chicago.

"It's such a guilty pleasure..." Lynne Stiefel, Pioneer Press

Friday, March 19, 2010

Des Plaines in Bloom

Spring is almost here! In honor of its imminent arrival we're offering up this tiny Des Plaines ranch with a garden's worth of blooms inside.

But first, there's something about old ovens that brings out the June Cleaver in me. This is a Chambers "Custom Gas" model, a brand I've never heard of. A little Internet research shows that it was reintroduced in 2007 to little fanfare, and apparently no longer exists.

It was found in this kitchen, where the wallpaper matched the drapes, which match my nightmares.

We'll move along in a moment. But first, I thought I'd rub your nose in this just a bit longer.

Okay, that's enough.

No it's not.

And... cut to the sun room.

I don't know what I like better. The upholstery on the rattan furniture.

Or these Dukes of Hazzard serving trays on the sofa. (Combined retail value on Ebay: $30-$60.)

Or these TV trays nearby.

You don't run across items like this every day on the estate sale circuit. Honestly, to me, this is beautiful and hideous at the same time. It's like meeting someone who's unattractive but really good in bed.

Okay, one more and done: This is not the first time I've found one of these.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails