An occasionally updated chronicle of estate sales in the city and suburbs of Chicago.

"It's such a guilty pleasure..." Lynne Stiefel, Pioneer Press

Monday, August 17, 2009

Newgard Street Yard Sale

Yard and garage sales were my gateway drug, and I sought them out for years before finally graduating to the hard stuff. I don't go much any more -- someone's cast-offs displayed outside their house just can't compare to seeing everything they owned inside its natural environment.

But when a reader recently invited me to comment on her block's yard sale, I found it impossible to resist.

Just add beer and bourbon: instant Mardi Gras!

I have no idea what this organized during the week, or what you're supposed to do during the weekends.

I would have bought this, but I don't have the bowling alley to go with it.

Don't know what this is, but it could be your for just $50.

Religious figurines! Come and get your genuine religious figurines!

Hat or mask? Either way, completely terrifying, and more than likely pretty itchy, too.

I love the fact that I found this at a yard sale.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails